February 1, 2008

preparing for #3


I'm so happy with how the baby's crib turned out. My biggest fear was that we wouldn't have any room for him, but I bought a "mini" crib, which is about 2/3 the size of a real crib. It was a perfect fit. I made the crib bedding from a matching comforter on Jonah's bed. If you know me, the fact that the crib matches the room decor is a BIG deal. I have a huge list of things to get done before the baby comes which are not directly related to the baby, but atleast I have the baby's crib set up and the baby boy clothes are in the drawers, ready for the big arrival. We are anxious to see this little guy, but I'm glad we have a few more months to prepare ourselves and our kids =)

P.S. Jonah is potty-training and doing great, so when the baby comes I'll only have 2 kids in diapers. I'm thrilled to be done changing his diapers atleast! Yeah!

11 comments:

Lori Garcia said...

So cute! Like the rest of your house!

Way to go Jonah on the potty training.

Erin said...

Hi Mandi- I linked to your blog from Kelli's. It's fun to see you. So #3 is on the way huh, congrats. Your family is cute. We are getting ready for the annual UDA convention in about 2 weeks. I always see the Viet's and a few girls from school. It's fun. I can't believe how long we've been out of school, it's crazy. Well, check out our blog: erinandjavan.blogspot.com . Talk to you later.
Erin

The Nielsen Family said...

The room looks so good! i am very impressed that you made the baby's bedding. Do you guys have any names picked out? i noticed there was a name above the baby's crib.

thepainterfamily said...

oh mandi so cute! I LOVE that you made the baby's bedding! It turned out so awesome! you have a beautiful house and OF COURSE you'll all fit! :) Congrats Congrats Congrats! I bet it feels SO good to have the room all ready! and so smart with the mini crib!

Court and Britt said...

that turned out really cute!! what a great idea to get another "mini" crib. I was wondering what you were going to do. You are so on the ball!! I still haven't finished Jaxson's room and he is 6 weeks old. You have motivated me though, this coming week- I WILL finally get the nursery done:).

kat and jason said...

yeah!!! cute rooms!!good luck with all the upcoming events..i've been out of it--we don't have the internet yet but things are going well. hope you are doing well and hanging in there!! take some naps. you are amazing .

Catherine said...

Mandi!!

So cute!! Glad to here things are going well. I love all the pictures!!!

Catherine

Jen Giorgis said...

I am so glad that you found me. I love being able to keep up with everyone this way. i still can't believe that you are getting ready for baby #3. Graet to hear from you. Keep in touch!!!

Tiffany said...

The room is SO cute! You do such a cute job decorating. I might need some consulting help with mine in a month or two! :)

Tiff and Dave said...

The room looks great Mandi! Very smart idea with the mini crib! You are so on top of things and always so prepared! Good luck with the PT! It will definitely be nice to not have 3 in diapers.

naturegirl said...

Oh, one less diaper change is a great day!

Amazing job on the room. When the day comes for me to decorate I will be asking you for suggestions :-)

Congrats on #3! I love the pictures on your blog. You have such a beautiful family!