November 28, 2007

it's a boy!





We got a very definite view that a little boy will be joining our family in April. We are excited to add another boy to the mix, but it will be sad seeing the girls get out-numbered so quickly! Jonah will have such a fun time with a little brother. They will be just under 3 years apart, so I'm sure they will be great friends. Mia will have a brother to protect her on both sides =) I'm still trying to figure out where we're going to fit the new baby in our home, but I think he will share a room with Jonah right off. I have plans to make matching crib bedding to go with Jonah's sporty room, but there's no doubt it will be a tight squeeze. I still remember when I was growing up and 3 of us girls shared a room that barely fit the queen-sized bed. Those were some fun years for me, so I'm sure the boys will enjoy being so close. We're sure excited to meet this little boy soon!





10 comments:

Cristi said...

Hooray for boys! Although I still imagine all the fun things I could do with a daughter, I just love my boys. Congratulations and I wish you the best!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. April seems so far away, I'm sure it will be here before we know it! We are really excited for you!

Court and Britt said...

CONGRATS!! That will be so fun for Jonah to have a brother. I'm sure they will be buds!!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Congrats! A little brother, Jonah will have so much fun. I'm still trying to convince Matt that Madden needs to become a big brother. No such luck yet. Check out my blog www.mattrachraab.blogspot.com.

Lin said...

congratulations! boys are so much fun!!

thepainterfamily said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! congratulations! This is SO amazing! how much fun! I KNOW they will love each other and think sharing a room is the best! I NEVER had a room to myself until college, and I always thought it would be sooo cool....but guess what....its not all its cracked up to be....sharing is SOOOO much better! Way to go guys...what a GREAT family you are! now.....names???

Tiff and Dave said...

Congrats Mandi!!! Kinda as you expected! I'm sure the boys will like sharing a room together! Jonah's room is darling by the way. I can't wait to be in a house that I can paint some walls and decorate! It was so fun seeing you in KC!

Natalie N said...

Congrats to you guys!! I am so excited to see your family grow. You guys are a beautiful family and great examples to us all! Thanks for keeping us posted.

kat and jason said...

that is so cool. i shared a room with 2 of my sisters and we had so much fun too. it will work. they will all have so much fun together--congrats!!!
ps...i won't be coming to kc. i fly directly to vegas. but jason will fly there during christmas for a few days--and then the end of jan to pack all of our stuff. crazy times!! i miss everybodY!

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, I didn't realize that you were expecting! How exciting, Congratulations!! The first ultrasound picture is so cute! Jonah's room is adorable! I'm working on getting James's and Baer's room decorated, too. It's fun.