April 24, 2008

welcoming brady



Brady Joseph Rapp


6 lbs 12 oz


19 inches



















Mandi was induced on Monday, April 21st and Brady Joseph Rapp was born at 5:01 pm weighing in at a scrawny 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long. He seems to have a very different look than our other kids, so we're anxious to see who he may resemble as time goes on. Mandi's labor was very comfortable and recovery is going well. Now that we're home from the hospital, it is most difficult caring for the other children as they have missed their mother. Mandi's mom, Janette, has been in town helping with the kids, which has been such a blessing. Mia sure seems to like Janette, which is a major milestone for this "mama's girl". As Janette leaves, Mandi's good friend, Deb, will come help for a week, followed by Chris's parents. We are so thankful for all the help that everyone is offering. Brady is doing really well and we're so excited to have such a little guy in our home again. It's a miracle to watch a child come to your family and we feel most blessed. Jonah is loving his role as an older brother and protector of Brady. He held him and kissed him endlessly in the hospital and even started crying when he had to put him down. Mia is very confused by the whole situation and I'm sure she still doesn't understand who this little guy is who suddenly showed up in our home. She mimics Jonah and gives him kisses as well, but we have to watch her closely since she doesn't quite understand how fragile he is. Thanks for all your love and prayers. We're so thrilled that he arrived safely and Mandi is excited to be done with yet another pregnancy.

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

He is adorable! Congratulations!!!
Mandi, you look so great in these pictures! That is no fair. :) Glad to hear everything went well and everyone is feeling well. Please call if you need anything, I can't wait to see him!!!

Court and Britt said...

We are very excited for you!!
he is so cute, but your right he does have a different look from your other kids.

Tiff and Dave said...

I have been thinking about you guys lately, and wondering when this new little man was going to get here! He is such a doll! It sounds like all went well, and I'm so glad. Mandi, you look awesome as usual!! You need to pass along your secret to how you look so good through and after pregnancy! We are so excited for you and your new little Brady!

naturegirl said...

Congrats!! He is sooo adorable and I love the name Brady. Glad everything went well. We're so happy for you guys!

Cristi said...

Congratulations Rapp Family! You all look wonderful and I'm glad to hear that everyone is healthy and happy. I love watching your family grow!

Unknown said...

Rapp's what a beautiful addition!! I can't wait to see you all in a few days. Mandi you are definitely a super hero mom to me!! My love to you all :)

thepainterfamily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited to see little Brady! He is such an adorable little guy! I love his little mouth! TOO CUTE! What a lucky little boy to have a spot in your wonderful family! I love that Jonah is so attatched already! I just know that they are going to have so much fun together as "brothers"! I am also so happy to hear about all the help you are getting! that is wonderful! I SO wish that I was around to see this new one...but thanks so much for the update! LOVE YA!

thepainterfamily said...

oops...forgot to add this, I echo everyone else..MANDI, you are STUNNING! You look absolutely gorgeous!

Lori Garcia said...

How cute is he?! He fits in nicely to your family already. Love it. I can't wait to hold him. He is just adorable. Love the family picture, too. And, I know I sound like I'm copying everyone else, but yes, you look amazing. Are you sure you just gave birth?! Congrats! You're the best!

kat and jason said...

hooray!!! he is so cute. i've been thinking about you lately. i wasn't sure how close you were. you are amazing and look great!! i laughed to see how pretty you looked in the hospital room. congrats!!!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Congrats! How fun! He is too cute! And you look great too!

Tasha said...

Congratulations on your new little one! He is such a pretty baby! Good luck with being parents of three now. I'm sure it will be quite the adventure :)

Jen Giorgis said...

Yay.....I have been wathcing the blog to see if there is any baby news. He is finally here and so so sweet. I love newborns. He was born on my husbands birthday, and the day that we found out we were getting Kimball. A special day for our family and obviously for your now as well. Congratulations, and keep the pictures coming!

Jackie Jones said...

He is a beauuutiful baby! Congratulations...and I have to say I have a small place in my heart that doesn't like you because you are so beautiful!! J/K

Betsy said...

Congats! We are so glad your pregnancy is finally over and you have such a sweet little boy to add to your lovely family. Its gonna be fun to watch Brady grow, along with his siblings. Glad to here you are getting some help.

The Nielsen Family said...

Congrats on your family of three. You guys look great and he is adorable!!

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats! very exciting! I hope the transition from 2 to 3 is easy on your guys. Mandi, i'd give birth every day if I looked that good after it!!

Natalie N said...

What a beautiful, beautiful little boy! I love how big his binky looks on him. :) That's so sweet.
Mandi, seriously, you put the rest of us to shame with how dang darling you look after having your THIRD baby!! What a gorgeous family you have. We're so so happy for you.
Please continue to keep your blog updated so we can see little Brady grow up!
love, natalie & tyler

Jay and Sherrie said...

What a cute little guy! Congratulations! And you look amazing. You guys have a beautiful family.

David and Joni Hansen said...

Merry, Merry Christmas to your sweet little family. It was so nice to see and read about how you are all doing. I will send your blog site on to my kids, your cousins as they will enjoy getting to know more about how your cute family is doing. Happiest of Holidays. Uncle David and Aunt Joni Hansen