January 30, 2009

our new home


The news is finally here! We got a call from the Air Force, and we've been assigned to Scott AFB just outside of St. Louis! We are very excited and have already begun researching the area and possible locations to live. I spoke with a Bishop in the area, and their ward has 3 nurseries and 2 sunbeam classes that are very full. So, it sounds like my children will have lots of playmates. That is very exciting for me. We will also just be an hour from my older sister, Melissa, who has 3 kids just about the same age as mine. And, of course there is a temple in St. Louis. I'm very confident that this is where the Lord feels our family should be. I'm going to miss Kansas City so much, but we're optimistic about this move. Chris will begin working the end of June, so after Chris graduates the first of May, Mandi will have a few months of working full time here in Kansas City until we move. We are going to enjoy our last months here to the fullest and are so grateful for all of the friends we have.

13 comments:

Lori Garcia said...

Oh Mandi! We're so happy for you, and so sad for us... You will truely be missed!

Natalie N said...

Congrats on the news!!! How exciting that you'll be close to your sister. I am basking in my time close to my sister. It's the BEST! How fun for your kids to be close to their cousins. Happy packing & moving! Good luck with everything.

Lora said...

St. Louis will be a great place for your family. You will be close to so many siblings and your parents. Of course, I am sad that you are not coming here. Omaha would love the Rapps :).

S&J Jones Family said...

I am so jealous that you are close to a temple now, that will be great for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

thepainterfamily said...

ohhhhhhh! Congrats! St. Louis will be so fun, and being close to your sister is just awesome!

the new ward sounds great! Plenty of potential friends right!? :)

again, congratulations....just a little sad KC won't be your home anymore!

kat and jason said...

yeah!!! i'm excited for you. you'll be able to stay close to family and all. that's great. still can't believe how quickly time goes by.

Goldthorpe Family! said...

Way to go guys. Chris, you are a freaking stud. I remember back at BYU when we had O-Chem and you were preparing for the dental school thing w/ me. I am just really proud of you that you did not give up, that you got in, and that you've made it through. Way to go! I actually work for the Army as a civilian at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX. You should enjoy the armed forces position. Not nearly as stressful as private practice. I did private practice for a year and a half in Idaho. You have a beautiful family. This is a big year for ya'll. Enjoy it.

Kelli said...

Congrats on the news. We have a few friend from Omaha that just moved to St. Louis and They like it alot. I'm not sure where they live though.

The Nielsen Family said...

Wow Mandi! We are so excited that you guys will be able to stay in The Show Me State by family. We hope all goes smoothly in your move.

Tiffany said...

We are so excited for you! (But SO sad you are leaving!!!!) It will be so nice to be close to a temple and close to your sister. Good luck with everything! I'll be expecting lots of updates on the blog! And for sure come back to KC to visit! We will sure miss you guys!!!

Chelle said...

That is so exciting for you guys! I always think it's fun and a big adventure to move to a new place. Nice to know there are lots of kids--that was one of the things we looked for when buying our house. I hope everything goes well with the move!

Daren said...

I think you should be assigned to LONG ISLAND... I miss you guys.

Colbyfam said...

I am going to need an update on your blog... :) I need more cute pics of your kiddo's!!