April 27, 2009

SOLD

We were so blessed to sell our home very quickly. We first had a contract after just 10 days! Unfortunately that contract fell through, and I became very nervous about how things would turn out. Then just 5 days later, we had another contract. Phewww! It's bitter sweet to have to say good-bye to a great home. We close the end of May and everything seems to be moving along.

The best part about our sale, was that we did it for sale by owner to save on realtor comissions! It was a lot of work on our part, but definitely worth it for the money we saved. We listed on the MLS through through THE REALTY DOT at http://mlsyourway.com/ and now that I've done it once, I will definitely do it again. I was fortunate enough to have friends with knowledge on the whole process and they were a great help. If any of you have to sell you home, consider this option and I'd love to help you out with any questions.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a relief! Congratulations. It really is such a blessing to sell a house quickly! How cool that you did it on your own too. Good luck with the move.

thepainterfamily said...

This is just so awesome!

Not that I will be selling a house any time soon, but after watching you and Katherine do FSBO, I am so impressed!

The future owners of your house are so lucky! Your home is beautiful thanks in large part to your amazing improvements and impeccable housekeeping! :)

Lora said...

I am so happy for you. Selling a home is so stressful. Lucky for you it went quick.

TravelMama said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Kelli Washburn and she referred me to your site with regard to using The Realty Dot to sell your home. Do you think I could email you with some questions? I'm looking into selling my home and am baffled by the lack of information available. My email address is snowjulie@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!!