April 27, 2009

Birthdays Galore!

Brady turned "1

Mia turned "2"





We had so much fun celebrating Mia and Brady's birthdays last week. For 2 days, they shared the same age, until Mia turned 2. It's so hard to believe that another year has passed! I love nothing more than delivering a baby in the hospital, welcoming them to our family, and spending that unique time with them in the hospital. So, celebrating birthdays is also remembering that wondeful experience of bringing them into the world.
We just love watching these little people grow. They are so easy to please, so the simple decorations and cheap gifts were a hit. Some of the highlights were the jumping Tigger for .50 cents at a garage sale, and the Dora basket ball hoop, which was technically FREE!
Yeah for birthdays!

11 comments:

Allison said...

Your kids are DARLING!! Fun pics. I'm glad your house sold too - I'm sure that's a relief. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventures.

thepainterfamily said...

Oh, those are cute kids!

And yes, I love (and rely) on the fact that children love the simple things in life!

Colbyfam said...

I can not believe how big your children are getting...Mia is beautiful!! Let us know when you come to Utah we will totally love to meet you down there for the day or something! I can't have you that close and not see you guys!!

kat and jason said...

i cannot believe the size and ages of your kids now. time flew by!!!! congrats on selling your house...so quickly. how did you do it? is the market bad there??i bet that's a stress relief. tell chris way to go on graduating. can you believe it's over now and you can finally not be students anymore. i'm excited for you.

Monica said...

Your children are so cute! I love getting my boys stuff at garage sales. Great way to do birthdays. I am so glad you sold your house. What a blessing.

Tasha said...

How fun! Your kids are so cute! That's awesome that you sold your home so fast! Good luck with getting moved and settled in St. Louis! That's exciting!

mike and jenn said...

It has been a long while since I looked at your blog! Such cute pictures of your little ones. Taryn just celebrated her 3rd bday and wanted an Ariel cake too. Congratulations on selling your home-I am so impressed that you guys did it yourselves although I am not surprised. If there is something I have learned about your family over the years, it is that you girls definitely know how to do things or you will figure it out-I don't know if that makes sense but I admire you guys for it. Best wishes with your move!

Court and Britt said...

SO cute!! Happy birthday to Mia and Brady!! We are going to miss you guys soooo much:)

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

So much fun! Last time I saw Brady he was soooo small. Your kids are so cute! Hope all is well.

Jana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!
cute kids. some of the cutest i've ever seen.

we miss you guys

Lora said...

I can't believe he is one already. Such a cute little boy. Mia is so beautiful. What a fun day.