October 26, 2009

a weekend get-a-way


After leaving our kids with my sister, Melissa (I owe her big!!), I met Chris in San Antonio, where he was completing a two week CE course. Time away from eachother, along with my pregnancy and our young kids, all added up to equal a much needed get-a-way. Chris picked me up at the airport with a rose in his hand, and we headed straight to the San Antonio's famous "River Walk". It was seriously breath-taking! We loved this quaint and picturesque part of town so much, that we ate dinner there every night! The boat ride was so fun, the food was great, and we couldn't have asked for better weather. We walked around holding hands, shopped, ate lots of ice cream, visited the Alamo, watched movies, slept (12 hours one night!) and enjoyed being together. We both fell in love with San Antonio and our time there.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds wonderful! Good for you to take a little vacation. I think the whole family benefits when Mom's rejuvenated. You both look so happy :)

thepainterfamily said...

What an AWESOME get-a-way, and well deserved by hard working people such as yourselves! :)

I love that Chris had brought a rose to the airport!! how sweet!

Natalie N said...

How fun! You guys got some great pictures. Kudos to Chris with the rose at the airport; sounds like you had a wonderful trip together!

I tell you what... great minds think alike! Tyler and I took a no-kids trip over to San Antonio last month when we were visiting my folks in Houston. San Antonio is really a darling city; perfect for a couple's getaway! Glad you got to enjoy Texas' rich history. Remember the Alamo! :)

Vanessa said...

Good for you! You totally deserve it after getting through school and 3 kids (almost 4). Isn't is so fun to get to hold hands with your husband?! My hands are usually filled with little hands so when we actually get to hold each others I am so excited. I have been telling Nate that when he finishes school we need to take an "us" vacation. I have no idea when that will be but I am still looking forward to it. Glad you had such a great time!

It's Been a Day! said...

looks like you were down in our neck of the woods! we are right up the road in austin. We love San Antonio and looks like you picked the perfect weekend to go. What great weather!! Looks like it was a great time.

Heather said...

We went to San Antonio this summer and went to the same places you did. I think yours may have been a more relaxing time, though, because we had our kids with us.

Court and Britt said...

What a fun 'alone' trip! Those are much needed in marriage!!! You look so cute preggers:)

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

I have been there, ate there, and did the boat ride too! I went for work several years ago. How fun!