October 5, 2007

family photo shoot




Getting a family ready for a photo shoot is stressful! First of all, it took me forever to come up with something we could wear, and stick to some sort of color scheme--How do I match my son with Mia's exclusively purple and pink wardrobe? Then I had to find a shirt that would fit my 11 week pregnant belly--that's a pain! Then of course we had to time the naps and the meals with the setting sun because that's the best time to shoot pictures, I guess. It was extremely humid, so the time I spent curling my hair was a waste, but we were very relieved to see some pictures that turned out. We really had such a fun time at Hodge park last night taking these photos. My friend, Lori Garcia, did a fabulous job. She was so good at keeping the kids' attention and entertaining them too! Jonah earned "marshmallows" from her for smiling in the pictures. We couldn't have asked Mia to cooperate better! It's fun to see pictures of our growing family.

11 comments:

Court and Britt said...

These pictures are darling!! You all look SO cute!!

Cristi said...

What a beautiful family! Love the pictures. I love the story behind the photos too. That is real life and real life is a lot of work, especially when you have kids!

Court and Britt said...

Your blog looks really cute!! I like the backgrounds!!

Tiff and Dave said...

Hey Mandi, I love the family photos. I'm hoping to get some done soon, but I'm a little scared also for all the reasons you wrote. I'm still getting used to the two kids thing. You look beautiful as always and you have such a cute family. I love the new blog look also!

It's fun to see that Mia has a little chunk on her! She is a doll! Probably a little different from your skinny Jonah. It will be fun to see what your next one is!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I haven't talked to you in a while, Amelia is so cute, and congrats on the next one! You look so great! Ry and I want to get together sometime soon. Can I add your link to my blog? We just set one up, http://www.gradyvillekc.blogstpot.com . Great to see you're doing well!

Charla said...

What a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!! Lori did a great job taking those pictures too. I just had to let you know how cute those pics are. Hope all is going good. Take Care.

thepainterfamily said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS! these are precious! you look BEAUTIFUL as always...I love "lily" too! (you should claim it quick!) hehe! can you imagine having 2 girls! ahhh so cute! when will you find out?

kat and jason said...

hi mandi!! cute pics. boy mia is quite the little chunk. gotta love a little cushion. more to love. jonah looks a lot like chris--they look like they have a lot of fun together. cute blog too!!

Tiffany said...

I just got tagged today and am passing it along to you! You can check it out on my blog. Pretty fun. :)

thepainterfamily said...

We miss you too! how is the calling going? (primary program yet?) and more importantly...the pregnancy? i wish I could look as great as you while pregnant!

S&J Jones Family said...

Cute family pictures!!