August 16, 2008

connell family reunion











We had our annual reunion at Mandi's parent's home at the Lake of the Ozarks. All 6 of the Connell girls were there with their families including 14 grandkids. We were only missing Mandi's brother who is serving a mission in California. It was a blast! Activities included: 4-wheeling, swimming, boating, fishing, wake boarding, wake surfing, tubing, hiking, eating, playing games, scavenger hunts, bon fires, treasure hunts, bike riding, cliff jumping, hot tubbing, craft making, pinata hitting, playing the wii, and watching movies, and of course, a whole lot of talking! It's quite a ordeal to organize such a reunion, and it turned out great! Thanks to all who helped pull this together and especially to Mandi's parents who housed us all. Jonah is still begging to go back to Grandma's house. We had a little scare one morning when Jonah and his cousin Anna walked into the house after being outside (something they were not supposed to do without an adult). They were still in their pajamas and we thought they were playing inside. Jonah confessed that he and Anna were just sitting on the paddle boat! They had no life jackets on and had walked down the 45 stairs to the lake and climbed into Grandma's paddle boat! We know that they had guardian angels with them that morning. After that, we made sure that the doors leading to the dock were not only dead-bolted, but toddler proof and we had a very long talk with the two culprits.


Special thanks to my brother-in-law, Matt Kimball, for taking these great pictures. He's so talented!

12 comments:

Cristi said...

My heart skipped a beat hearing about the kids in boat! Thank goodness it all turned out fine, but that is scary. It looks (and sounds) like you had a lot of fun. I enjoy seeing your photos, especially your adorable kids.

Tiffany said...

Oh how scary! Isn't it crazy what kids will do? Your kids are adorable, I love Brady's smile and Mia is so pretty, I love her hair getting longer. Cute cute kids!

thepainterfamily said...

Mandi! These are some BEAUTFUL photos! you guys look so great! I love the colors and your kiddos sweet faces! That is so scary about Jonah in the boat...wow, what a blessing! makes me ponder all the things they get into, or places they go that we never find out about! hehe (maybe I don't want to know!) :) glad it all turned out well!

Jen Giorgis said...

Okay...so that total made my stomach sink. That is so scary,I have heard of way too many drowning accidents lately. Thank goodness for angels who watch over our children when we are not! It was fun to see you when you were here. Even if it wasn't for very long. You look great as always!

Jana said...

That would scare me to death! Your kids are getting so big and they are just cuter every day!

Don't let Mia go dating other boys, I have someone in mind for her... my kid!

Miss you guys, as always!

Jana said...

That would scare me to death! Your kids are getting so big and they are just cuter every day!

Don't let Mia go dating other boys, I have someone in mind for her... my kid!

Miss you guys, as always!

Unknown said...

Song...your kids get cuter and cuter...i think chris will have his hands full beating the guys away from mia...she is a show stopper. I think we are even on not telling each big news. Jonah's near death experience is close to me not telling you I am getting married :) I love you guys!! cant wait till November for our girl party!!

Lori Garcia said...

Cute, cute pictures! I love the large group one with the rocks. You've got some dare devils in the family!

Speaking of which, crazy kids! That boat story....yikes! Glad they're all okay!

Court and Britt said...

Mandi that is so scary that Jonah did that!! Your family pictures are darling. I can't believe you got such a great group picture with all those people!!

S&J Jones Family said...

Those are some great pictures, who was taking them? I'm glad Jonah is safe!

Lora said...

Oh, what a scary moment. We were at my Grandma's lake house last week and I think of all the times that we might not have been watching our girls close enough.
It is great to see all the Connells together. I just love them all. What great pictures!!

Tiffany said...

You look so good in these pictures! Mia is looking more and more like Jonah I think.