September 14, 2009

graduation


What an incredible day for our family! I've never been more proud of my husband and this ENORMOUS accomplishment of graduating from Dental School. I love thinking about Chris's rocky start in college. He was the first in his entire extended family to attend college. He and his parents didn't know about general classes and how they fit into a major, so Chris's freshman year was full of randomness in his schedule. I'm sure he had fun, but none of those classes really helped him toward a degree. Like many young men, he learned a great work ethic on his mission, and came home determined to do well in college. When I met Chris, he mentioned that he would like to be a dentist, but he really didn't think he could do it. I, of course encouraged him to follow his dreams and I hoped that this would all work out for us. When we got a phone call at 6 am one morning with an acceptance into dental school, that was a great accomplishment, but we knew that we still had 4 hard years ahead of us. Those years were difficult in some ways. Chris got very little sleep and studied A LOT. I birthed 3 kids and also got very little sleep, but the years have also been highlighted with so many sweet memories, and so many friends who made the journey very enjoyable. So here we are, 4 years later, with a full blown family, a place to call home, and a career for my husband.....I couldn't be happier. I'm so proud of you honey. Thank you for all of your hard work, dedication and sacrifices to provide a stable future for us. We love you!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations to you and your family, Mandi! What exciting and memorable times. Best wishes for a healthy and easy pregnancy. You have a beautiful family!

Tracey said...

Congratulations! I know how fun graduate school can be for the whole family. We graduate this semester too! Yea for the next step!

thepainterfamily said...

wow. so amazing.

It's really like the diploma could be awarded to your whole family! It was certainly a team effort :)

CONGRATS!!

Natalie N said...

YAY! Congrats on graduation and your new home! I loved the new pictures! And what is this I see on the side bar? Another baby on his/her way?!!!?!!?!? You guys are so blessed. What a miracle to have 4 little babies in your home. Mucho congrats are in order for you guys.

Keep up the GREAT work you two!!
xoxo

Court and Britt said...

Congrats you guys!! What an amazing accomplishment, we are SOOO glad that we got to be a part of your journey:) Miss you tons!!!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!! That is a big accomplishment for both of you! Your home is so pretty, I'm glad things are going well for you guys! But we miss you here. :) Keep in touch!

Chelle said...

What an awesome thing, tell Chris a BIG congrats from us!! ANd to you too--I know you worked every bit as hard to get him thru! And CONGRATS also on Baby #4!! Wow Mandy, how do you do it?? And you look great of course! So where is Chris going to set up practice?